Emax Hawk Apex Review: 3 Reasons to Love It or Leave It!
Introducing the Emax Hawk Apex, a revolutionary FPV racing drone that embodies the epitome of speed and precision.
With an array of customizable options, including motor choices and receiver preferences, this cutting-edge drone caters to the individual racing preferences of professionals and hobbyists alike.
Boasting a lightweight yet durable design, the Hawk Apex promises an unparalleled racing experience, complemented by the HDZero Whoop and Runcam Nano HDZero Vtx & Camera combination, ensuring exceptional image quality and reduced latency.
Prepare for an exhilarating journey through the world of FPV racing with the Emax Hawk Apex.
- Wheelbase: 162mm
- Motor: ECO II 2004 3000kv
- Propeller: Avia 3630 Tri-blade
- Weight (excluding battery): 167g
- Flight Controller: STM32F722
- ESC: 4 IN 1 25A ESC
- VTX (Video Transmitter): HDZero Whoop VTX
- Camera: Runcam Nano HDZero 720P
- VTX Antenna: EMAX Nano Antenna UFL
- Receiver (BNF Variant): EMAX ExpressLRS RX
- Recommended Battery: 850mAh 4S XT30
- Suitable for FPV racing with 3.5-5 inch compatibility
- High-performance components, including the STM32F722 FC, 4IN1 25A ESC, and Runcam Nano HD camera.
- Offers options for 4S and 6S power configurations.
- Ultralight Design
- Equipped with a Runcam Nano HDZero 720P camera for high-quality FPV footage
- Limited Flight Time
- Lacks GPS functionality
- Limited Payload Capacity
- Tailored for racing, may not be the best choice for aerial photography or other non-racing applications.
When comparing the performance of the Emax Hawk Apex FPV racing drone, several key points come to mind.
First off, compared to DJI, the Runcam Nano HDZero camera delivers impressive video quality with lower latency.
Second, the flight performance of the Hawk Apex is notable, with a hover at 18% throttle indicating its power.
Third, ease of use and maneuverability are factors to consider, as the lightweight design offers durability and confidence in flying faster while reducing noise.
The video quality of the Emax Hawk Apex can be evaluated through a performance comparison of its imaging capabilities and latency in relation to other FPV racing drones. One aspect to consider is the video latency, which refers to the delay between the camera capturing the image and the pilot seeing it on their goggles. The Emax Hawk is equipped with the Runcam Nano HDZero camera, which provides great image quality with lower latency compared to DJI cameras. Another factor to consider is camera tilt, which can affect the field of view and overall image quality. The Emax Hawk Apex allows for adjustable camera tilt, allowing pilots to customize their viewing angle for optimal racing performance. To further illustrate the performance of the Emax Hawk, a table comparing its video quality with other FPV racing drones can be found below:
|Drone Model||Video Latency (ms)||Camera Tilt Options|
|Emax Hawk Apex||25||Adjustable|
To accurately assess the flight performance of the Emax Hawk Apex and compare it to other FPV racing drones, various factors such as speed, agility, and responsiveness must be taken into consideration.
In terms of battery efficiency, the Hawk Apex offers a flight time of 5-6 minutes with a 6S 550mAh battery during fast flying. This provides ample time for racing without the need for frequent battery changes.
Additionally, the lightweight design of the Hawk Apex contributes to its durability and crash resistance. It instills confidence in flying at higher speeds and reduces the likelihood of damage during crashes.
Ease of Use
With its user-friendly design and seamless performance, the Emax Hawk Apex outshines its competitors in terms of ease of use. Here are four reasons why the Emax Hawk stands out in terms of ease of use:
- Controller compatibility: The Emax Hawk Apex is compatible with a wide range of controllers, allowing users to easily connect their preferred controller and enjoy a smooth flying experience.
- Battery life comparison: The Emax Hawk Apex boasts impressive battery life compared to its competitors. With a flight time of 5-6 minutes on a 6S 550mAh battery, users can enjoy longer flights without worrying about frequent battery changes.
- Intuitive controls: The Emax Hawk Apex features intuitive controls that are easy to learn and master. This makes it an ideal choice for both beginners and experienced pilots who value simplicity and ease of use.
- Quick setup: Setting up the Emax Hawk Apex is a breeze, thanks to its straightforward setup process. Users can quickly configure their drone and get it ready for flight in no time, allowing them to spend more time flying and less time on complicated setup procedures.
During flight tests, the Emax Hawk Apex demonstrated exceptional performance in terms of obstacle avoidance capabilities, allowing pilots to navigate challenging courses with precision and agility. The drone’s obstacle detection system proved to be highly effective in identifying and avoiding obstacles in its flight path. This feature greatly enhances flight safety, as it reduces the risk of collisions and crashes.
The Emax Hawk Apex’s obstacle avoidance system utilizes advanced sensors and algorithms to detect and react to obstacles in real-time. It can accurately assess the distance and position of obstacles, enabling the drone to make quick and precise maneuvers to avoid them. This level of obstacle avoidance performance provides pilots with increased confidence and peace of mind while flying, making the Emax Hawk Apex a top choice for FPV racing enthusiasts.
For a comprehensive evaluation of the Emax Hawk Apex’s value, a performance comparison with other FPV racing drones is necessary.
Here is a list of key factors to consider when assessing the longevity and cost effectiveness of the Emax Hawk Apex:
- Build Quality: The Emax Hawk Apex features a lightweight design that offers durability, reducing the risk of damage during crashes and ensuring a longer lifespan compared to heavier freestyle quads.
- Flight Performance: While the motors (2004 1600KV) may lack torque for 5-inch props, resulting in slower responsiveness and lower top speed, the Emax Hawk Apex still delivers a satisfactory flying experience, making it a cost-effective option for racing enthusiasts.
- Components: The Emax Hawk Apex comes with reliable components such as the HDZero Whoop VTX and Runcam Nano HDZero camera, providing great image quality with lower latency compared to other drones in its class.
- Price: The Emax Hawk Apex offers competitive pricing, making it a compelling choice for FPV racing enthusiasts who value both performance and affordability.
Emax Hawk Apex Review: FAQs
How Long Does It Take to Charge the Battery for the Emax Hawk Apex Racing Drone?
The charging time for the Emax Hawk Apex racing drone battery can vary depending on the charger used and the battery’s capacity. It is recommended to use a high-quality balance charger and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal charging. To maximize battery life, avoid overcharging or discharging the battery and store it in a cool, dry place.
Can the Emax Hawk Apex Be Used for Freestyle Flying as Well, or Is It Specifically Designed for Racing?
The Emax Hawk Apex is primarily designed for racing, but it can also be used for freestyle flying. It offers a lightweight design, durability, and reduced noise, but may have slower responsiveness and lower top speed compared to heavier freestyle quads.
Does the Emax Hawk Apex Come With Any Spare Parts or Accessories?
The Emax Hawk Apex does not come with spare parts or accessories. However, it is recommended to have spare propellers, batteries, and other components on hand for maintenance and repairs.
What Is the Maximum Range of the Expresslrs Receiver Option for the Emax Hawk Apex?
The maximum range of the ExpressLRS receiver option for the Emax Hawk Apex FPV racing drone is dependent on various factors, such as antenna placement and environmental conditions. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s specifications for accurate information and compare it with other receiver options available.
Are There Any Recommended Upgrades or Modifications for the Emax Hawk Apex to Enhance Its Performance?
There are several recommended upgrades and modifications available for the Emax Hawk Apex to enhance its performance. These include upgrading the motors for more torque, optimizing the flight controller settings, using high-quality batteries for longer flight times, and investing in spare parts and accessories. Additionally, a number of variables, such as antenna placement and environmental conditions, affect the ExpressLRS receiver option’s range.
In conclusion, the Emax Hawk Apex FPV racing drone offers an unparalleled racing experience with its cutting-edge features and customizable options.
With its lightweight design, powerful motor options, and high-quality camera, this drone is a top choice for professional racers and hobbyists alike.
Its smooth and responsive flight performance, combined with its durability and reduced noise, make it the ultimate choice for those seeking an exhilarating FPV racing experience.
Get ready to take your racing skills to new heights with the Emax Hawk Apex.